It is now time to delve into our third class for the year titled "Jesus Culture". The title of the class reveals its content. Jesus calls us out of the fallen culture of this worlds empires and kingdoms into his culture, one based on his everlasting kingdom. In the book of Revelation we hear the call of an angel toward the end of time when he cries out "come out of her my people". This "coming out" is a coming out of the confusion, self-centeredness, and lovelessness of our fallen world. But how we do we that?
Knowing the story of scripture, as we have explored in Alive and God Who? is one step. Allowing it to impact your life is the next. The amazing thing about the Bible is that it doesn't settle with providing knowledge about these opposing kingdoms. Instead, it asks to impact the life of the reader in real and practical spiritual growth and maturing - a journey of "coming out" of Babylon. God calls us to this journey and in Jesus Culture this is the theme we explore. This is a class that all can benefit from - from seekers to old timers. In this class we explore questions such as:
- How do I grow in my faith?
- How do I read the Bible when I don't even know where to begin?
- How do I pray? Is there a formula?
- Why don't my prayers seem to work?
- How do I know when God is speaking to me?
- Why am I not seeing spiritual growth in my life?
- How do I beat temptation?
- What do I do when I mess up as a Christian?
- What is the difference between Biblical spirituality and other types of spirituality such as eastern/ new age?
- Who exactly is the Holy Spirit and what relevance does he have to my life?
- And whats up with the modern prophetic gift? Do prophets have a voice in our faith journeys today?
Join us as we explore these and other real life spiritual journey questions 7pm Fridays on September 2, 30, and October 28.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us!