Have you ever wondered what God is like? Its one thing to know he is real, its a whole other thing to discover what he is really like. In the Bible, two books take us behind the scenes and reveal to us deep and satisfying pictures of what God is like. One is the book of Daniel in the Old Testament and the other is the book of Revelation in the New Testament. The Book of Revelation is literally subtitled The Revelation of Jesus because its central focus is to reveal what kind of being God is. This class is perfect for new believers, seekers, skeptics, and Christians alike in that it tackles deep seated questions about God and his relation to us. In this class we explore questions such as:
- If God is so good why has the church done so many evil things in the past?
- Does organized religion lead to injustice and genocide?
- Is God a cruel monster?
- Who is Satan and why did he rebel against God?
- Why is Christianity divided into so many different groups, ideas, and sub-cultures?
- If God is so loving, why does he burn people in hell forever?
- How can Christians preach peace and love when their history is filled with human right violations such as the Crusades and the Inquisitions?
- Why do Christians say Jesus is coming soon? They have been saying that for centuries and still nothing. Is he really coming back?
- Don't all religions teach a "returning savior"? If so, what makes Christianity different?
These and many other profound questions will be explored, so don't miss out! This class will meet 7pm on the following Fridays: June 3, 24, July 29 and August 5. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Note: God Who? will focus a lot on the Biblical books of Daniel and Revelation. If you have never read these books before and would like to do so in a simple, easy to read format you can download the PDF version by clicking the "Get it Now" button below. Alternatively, you can read the books at www.Biblegateway.com or in any printed Bible. For accuracy and simplicity of reading we recommend the NKJV, NIV, ESV, WEB, RSV, or the NAB translations.
Below are two videos that briefly explore the topic of eternal torment in hell which was mentioned, in passing, during God Who? The first video covers the Biblical view of death which in turn helps us understand its teaching on hell and clarifies misunderstandings that cause people to doubt the love of God. For further study visit helltruth.com and rethinkinghell.com.